Friday 24 September 2010

Ahhhhhhhhh! (scream)


If you ever get a chance to go and see the film –“The Disappearance of Alice Creed” – don’t.

Really don’t.

Don’t, don’t, don’t!

It isn’t the worst film ever made (that was clearly Sans Plomb) – the production values are respected, lighting is professional and whoever held the camera did a reasonably good job.

However, it is the most annoyingly ugly film I have ever had to watch.

It runs for 93 minutes, it took 93 years of my life.

Which probably means I am dead, which is how I felt when I finally escaped at the end; I have never been so happy to see daylight.

Was there ANYTHING interesting?

No.

No aspect - costumes, sets, music, acting, story, locations, hair styles, makeup, script, shoes, trees in the backgrounds of shots or even weather held any redemption from the endless bleakness and depressing violence of the three character’s lives that accounted for the totality of the film’s population.

Don’t go.

No comments: