Sunday 6 March 2011

Thought of the Day 9.


Hello. Hellooooo. I need to talk to someone.
Please.
Helloooooooo. Anybody there?
Ok, ok…………….. I’m sorry.
I said i’m sorry.


I can’t hear you.

I said I’m SORRY.

How sorry?

I’m very sorry, I need you.

Oh, now you need me? I thought you said you…..

Look, I said I’m really sorry, I got carried away by the thrill and fame, I’ll never let it happen again, I can’t do it without you.

Ok.

I grovel at your feet, i…

That’s enough!

I don’t know what possessed me, what was I think….

Shut up!

Ok.

Ok.

Ok?

Ok.

Friends?

Friends.

Brothers in arms!

Let’s not get carried away.

So

So?

Last week.

Last week?

I was censored.

You were censored?

I was censored.

You just said that.

I just said that?

You did.

I did? I did!

What about last week?

I was censored!

How?

My “Thought of the Day” was not there?

I beg your pardon.

Sorry, sorry. OUR ‘Thought of the Day” was not there.

Ah, yes, that was because it was the penultimate day in The Fading February writing exercise/self-challenge/series of blog posts with one word less each day thingy.

Yeah but it was Sunday, my…….I mean ….our day.

And you wanted to say something?

Yes!

There were only TWO words, what could you have said?!

“IT’S ME!!!”

That’s three.

Two.

Three!

Mary says it’s two.

Mary?! Mary, Mary, Mary. That's all you ever think about!

Is not!

Is!

Not! There’s Patricia too.

Patricia?!!

Whatever.

So last Sunday you were just in the way and an editorial decision was made.

Thanks a lot.

You’re welcome.

It’s ok actually, I was struggling, I needed your input.

Yeah, you said, but let's not harp and violin on about it, let by-waters be been and gone under the burning bridge eh?

Exactly.

So?

So?

So, when was the last time we had a film review here on Bitsnbos?

How would I know, you’re the guy who writes this stuff!

Ok hang on, I’ll check.

Oh great so you are just going to leave me on my own are you?

A couple of weeks ago you WANTED to be on your own, and now you’re complaining?

Whatever.

Anyway, I’ve found it – it was on the 21st January.

Well it’s about time you did another.

Ok.

So what’s it to be, Black Swan or The Hereafter?

Which one had the most mizzle in it?

Mizzle?

Rain.

I’m lost.

Mizzle, it’s rain, low German apparently.

Low German?

Low German.

What’s that?

Well, opposite of High German probably.

High German, like Bremen, In the North?

What?

High, north and Low German, south, Munich?

Probably more high like Alpine and low like Valley I would think.

Alpine German, Valley Germ ….like estuary English?

Maybe. Anyway, mizzle, rain, it’s the theme of the month. We have to have something rainy in the post.

Or mizzley?

Yep, so which is it to be Black Swan or the Hereafter?

Well, I don’t remember it raining in either but there was a Tsunami at the beginning of the hereafter so it was very wet.

Good the Hereafter then, the Black Swan annoyed me intently.

Intently?

Er, intensely maybe. Or perhaps both.

Don’t you know?

Oh I know, but I don’t know which is the right word, I need to look it up.

Did you like it?

I just told you, it annoyed me.

Yeah, but you can like things that annoy you.

You can?

You can.

Like what?

Like me.

You?!

Me.

Ha!!!!!

So why did it annoy you?

Well the hand held camera at the beginning irritated me, then at a certain point the obsessive paranoia started to get on my nerves, then the inconsistencies of the boundaries between what was real and what was imagined really started to piss me off and finally the fact that Tchaikosky didn’t get a huge top of the bill in the credits was insulting.

So you liked it then?

It was unsatisfying.

You can like things that are unsatisfying too.

Like?

A too small bar of chocolate.

Yep, true, but you know what really got my goat?

You took a goat?

What?

Do you have a goat?

No.

Why did you say that you did?

I didn’t.

Did.

Didn’t.

Did.

Didn’t.

Did, did, did, and no returns.

HOW old are you?

Old enough to remember what you are about to remind us of.

How do you know what I am about to remind you of?

I was there too.

You were?

I was.

Was it raining?

It was.

It was good wasn’t it?

It was.

Excellent?

Excellent!

And not annoying?

Not at all!

What are we talking about?

Er, mizzle?

No! I thought you said you already knew what I was about to remind you off.

Oh yes! Carlos Saura’s Carmen.

Excellent film, which did everything that Black Swan tried to do, so much better AND first.

Except the Lesbian love scene.

True, but should we judge a film about dance and the intensity and rivalry of the rehearsal period portrayed against a background of the doppelganger myth by it’s lesbian love scene?

We could.

That would be shallow though wouldn’t it?

Intently.








5 comments:

Mary said...

8pm Sunday, Toronto time.

Just opened BnB's to see what you and HE have been up to the last couple of days. As I read today`s post, I`m also watching the 15th anniversary concert of 'Les MIZZLErables' on PBS. Don`t know whether to laugh or cry. In stark contrast to the terseness of February, March has opened the floodgates to a torrent of words. HE is positively gushing with enthusiasm. He is correct that it`s is one word. YOU on the other hand are right about The Black Swan -- just so much drizzle, I mean, drivel.

Yesterday it teemed with rain but last night`s flood turned into a half foot of sopping wet snow by morning.

Am tempted to try to find more water references, but must get back to Cossette, Valjean and the boys who are just about to battle the bad guys. I promise to shed an ocean of tears by the end of it.

:-)
Mx

Mary said...

PS -- just realize am watching the 25th, not the 15th, anniversary of Les Mizzle. As I write, the revolutionaries have 'stormed' the barricades. [Can't help myself!]Eponine's song is coming up -- my fave.x

popps said...

Well done for reading all that lot Mary, it was longer than the French Revolution!

Anne Hodgson said...

Nossing middle Cherman 'bout mizzle, as far as I know, but I found this:
miz·zle (mzl)
intr. v. miz·zled, miz·zling, miz·zles Chiefly British Slang
To make a sudden departure.

Perhaps you were thinking of "pieseln" (pea - zln) for when it's not raining hard enough to put on boots. Or when you've had a couple of pints and someone says it's time to leave, but it's a ways home, so you might want to say, "Moment mal, ich muss erst noch peiseln." (Vee Chermans are a bit explicit in that way.)

Anne Hodgson said...

PS: pieseln = to make a bit of rain.