Friday 24 June 2011

Self-Portrait 24


photo by loui

Somewhere in the middle of this "here-on-the-blog-for-June-i'm-going-to-look-into-me-and-create-a-self-portrait" i started to realise, as i always do, that the self-imposed self-portrait was going to be a challenge that i might not be up to.

It was then that i found an old magazine lying around with an "ask-a-celebrity-lots-of-questions-type-article" and i naturally though - ok, if i get stuck i could copy it.

I got stuck.

I looked for the magazine.

My wife had thrown it away.

Double stuck!!

Then, by chance, i go on line as i sometimes do and the Guardian Newspaper had this interview-thing with Bob Hoskins.

Great!

So i've copied it.

Me, not Bob though.

Which will give you a good chance to compare him and i - if you were ver confused about it.


When were you happiest? When I became a parent.

What is your greatest fear? Loosing them.

What is your earliest memory? Rosalind.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? Inaction.

What is the trait you most deplore in others? Inaction.

What was your most embarrassing moment? Forgetting my mum’s birthday when I was 19, or saying the name of another girl out loud in my sleep and waking my girlfriend.

What is your most treasured possession? Do you possess a family? Life? Ok, if not – my house.

Where would you like to live? On a west coast.

What do you most dislike about your appearance? My nose.

If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would it be? If she was happy to be part of the experiment then my great grandmother Minnie, I would like to meet her.

What do you owe your parents? Are you kidding? They conceived the whole thing!

Who would play you in the film of your life? Me.

What’s the worst thing anyone has ever said to you? Grow up.

What is you most unappealing habit? Snoring.

What is your favourite book? Cannery Row.

What is your guiltiest pleasure? Only one?

What or who is the greatest love of your life? Female.

What was the best kiss of your life? It hasn’t happened yet.

Which living person do you despise the most and why? Life is too interesting to despise, I deal with it in the moment.

Who would you invite to your dream dinner party? Just one other.

What is the worst job you have done? Doorman at a nightclub.

What has been your biggest disappointment? Me. Not every day, but too often.

If you could edit your past, what would you change? The past.

What keeps you awake at night? Sleeplessness, the cat, energy, ideas.

What song would you like played at your funeral? La Balencoire, played on a piano by… I’ve already told her, but I’d prefer not to be at my funeral.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you? Get in the hammock from time to time.

Tell us a secret. Ask Bob.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read the bob hoskin questions and answers
he is fickle
seems to have changed his mind about a few answers
Danny de vito....to play him in a film
he deplores his lack of education
and ignorance

he doesnt mention the secret hammock but i like the other version

he said play what you want at my funeral, i wont be there.
im going to get a hammock
x

popps said...

be careful!
the hammock may get you!