Monday 15 October 2012

New Dilema.




It’s a dilemma.

I can’t decide whether to go with Dinaw Megestu and what he WRITES in the new book that I’m reading – How To Read The Air…….

Or with Joey Ramone and what he doesn’t, but could, SING on the most recent album I bought – The Ramones Heard Them Here First.

Written word or voice?

It’s a dilemma.

Here’s Dinaw Megestu, on page 42 of the Vintage paperback version

“He realised at a young age –eight, to be precise, in the weeks following his mother’s death – that the world was a cruel and unfair place, and yet despite that he hated watching it pass.”

Here’s not Joey Ramone, this time, but Loui Armstrong, track 24 of the Ace CD set

Bright blessed days....dark sacred nights And I think to myself .....what a wonderful world.” 

It's a dilemma.

No comments: