Friday 19 October 2012

New Etiquette.




What should one do?

Your daughter has a new boyfriend, it’s ‘official’ (she told Charlotte), they go out (cinema, pizza), they come home late (very), they go to bed (the same one) and you learn most of this in the morning (seeing his car parked outside).

Well I decided to clean the bathroom!

It was a mess, and we had run out of toilet paper and I thought that might not be the best way to start a romance.

Was I wrong?

So…… it’s mid morning and the lad appears to say hello. He’s very polite, addresses me as ‘vous’(which made me laugh, after all they had spent the night together) and offers his hand for a handshake.

I’m wearing pyjamas (not sure if that is relevant), there are no towels in the bathroom (because I had put them in the sitting room whilst i cleaned) and mine (hand) is a long way down the toilet, scrubbing and holding a dripping sponge.

What should one do?

2 comments:

Mary said...

See -- the dog is totally on to you. Obviously a guard dog. Next photo I predict dog's face may be much closer to your camera lens.

M :-)

popps said...

Woof!