Sunday 17 March 2013

A Thought of The Day - messy.




Hey, we received a complaint.

Another?

What, did we have one before?

Yep, two years ago, I remember it well.

You remember it well??!! I don’t even remember yesterday!

That’s because you want to forget.

How do you know?

It takes one to know one.

Meaning?

All for one and one for all.

And what is THAT supposed to mean?

I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together.

Ah! See how they fly!

And run.

I’m crying.

You’ll get over it.

I won’t. Some things don’t heal. Anyway, that’s my problem… what about this complaint?

What about it?

Are we going to do anything?

What was it?

Well, seems like we’ve made Mary’s computer explode?

We have? How did we do that? She’s in Canada.

Well, it seems she was trying to read the blog.

Fool, there’s nothing worth reading here. Move along.

No you don’t understand, apparently she was delving into the secret bit.

You mean she found this year’s secret bit!?

Yes.

Fool! There’s nothing worth reading there either, move along. But you have to admire her tenacity.

And her nose.

Did you mean here nous? Nose was last week.

There’s no nose like good nose.

Don’t you mean there’s no news like good news?

Maybe, and talking about good news I met this person yesterday who asked me to describe myself in one word.

That’s a tough one. Did you ask her, I’m assuming it was a her, how she would describe herself?

I did.

And?

She said “Christian”.

Wow. Cool. And you? What did you say?

 I said cool too.

No I mean what one word did you use to describe yourself?

I had trouble, but what came out was “mess”.

That probably killed your chances there mate; you probably should have said “Walrus”.

Goo goo g'joob.

What on earth made you say “mess”?

I thought it covered everything, in the same way diversity might.

Diversity might have been a better gambit.

I wasn’t really gambiting and, incidentally, I think it might be at the root of Mary’s complaint. The secret bit is a messy secret bit.

I’m glad you said that, being as it is an opportunity to get this rambling missive back on track, which would be neat for a Sunday blog post.

It would be nice if we could wrap it all up with something from “I am the Walrus too.”

Goo goo g'joob?

Meaning?

Well, in this case, “let’s set up an advisory committee and ask them to report back.”

It sounds a bit like we are sitting on a cornflake, waiting for the van to come. And anyway, they are going to report that Mary doesn’t like the word complaint.

It’s not sitting on a cornflake and a van but sitting in an English garden waiting for the sun. But what word do you think she’d prefer?

Goo goo g'joob.

And what about this year’s blog secret bit? Elementary penguin singing Hari Krishna?
No. Semolina pilchard, climbing up the Eiffel tower.
Messy!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blog secret bit - Why?

popps said...

It's a long story, best told over a glass of wine.