Thursday 5 September 2013

September's Siftings - Good/Bad Things




Good things, bad things – I haven’t done that for a while!  Maybe I’ve never done it!

Good thing – they gave me a table, even though I hadn’t booked.

Bad thing – the music.

Good thing – the sea – it’s 50 meters away.

Bad thing – the disco light.

Good thing – the waitress has bare feet, just a little sand stuck to her toes.

Bad thing – too many choices.

Good thing – her smile.

Bad thing – I left my fork on the empty plate of anchovies.

Good thing – she replaced it, and the anchovies (served on toast tapanaded) were the best I have ever had. Ever.

Bad thing – they are finished.

Good thing – I have a plate of Gambas cooked in pastis coming.

Bad thing – I can see the chef at work through a crack in the door.

Good thing – he smiled and waved. And he’s bare foot too.

Bad thing – this is going to cost me.

Good thing – floor is wooden, the sunset is magenta.

Bad thing – someone is smoking at one of the tables.

Good thing – there is a summer’s eve breeze and I had a swim just before coming here. Just a little sand stuck to me too.

Bad thing – the music just got louder.

Good thing – the day is fading, the view is across the Mediterranean and I have to walk across the sand to find my car.

Bad thing  - I’m alone, no one to share this with.

It’s like the Moon.


ps here at bitsnbobs we are sifting september - this is explained here

No comments: