Tuesday 15 July 2014

The beginning of everything, and therefore, of the year

PART ONE

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Well, no …………… not actually – it was Dog.

You see, he used to be a sailor – that’s why his son was on the boat with Peter that time, you know, when he walked on the water. Walked on the water ! Ha ! Don’t make me laugh, there were rocks, just below the surface like when Dynamo walked on the Thames – here you can see it on Youtube.

Anyways he was a sailor and as old as the seas themselves when he decided to have a go at creating a world. A lot of folk thought he was mad, you should have heard them down the pub.

« Here he comes, Old Sea Dog, what you been up to then? been cre-at–ing again have we ? »
« Fuck off »
« Oooh, touchy eh ? Having problems? »
« Yeah, I can’t get the trees right, what do you care? »
« Trees ? »
« Yeah, big things that grow out the ground, going to be really useful one day »
« Especially for dogs eh !!? »

I felt sorry for the old guy, everyone laughing at him so I went over and asked if I could buy him a drink. He looked up at me and I could see that he was crying. But his eyes! You should have seen them! The left one was blue, and if you looked closely you could see that the colour was constantly changing, ebbing and flowing – it was an ocean I swear.

The other eye was dark, almost black like the night itself but if you stared long enough you would see a flash of red, as if a volcano had suddenly spat fire. He scared some people, but not me.


“Let’s get outta here, go somewhere quiet” he replied.

No comments: