Monday 16 January 2017

A Semantic Choice.

ulli's appt/Cologne/December 2016


The occasional museum of unexpected content.

I beg your pardon?

The occasional museum of unexpected content.

Ah. And?

I’m thinking of starting one.

Can you?

Why not?

Well, you just said;  “I’m thinking of starting one.” Semantically speaking that DOES suggest that there is already at least ONE other somewhere, and there may be copyright issues.

In that case - I can! My semantics were careless…. Ooohh… hang on…. I may call it The Careless Museum of Unexpected Donation.

Content, donation – you need to decide and semantically speaking, ‘careless’, may not be the right word – it could suggest that you don’t care.

Hmmm.

I suspect - if you are thinking of becoming a founder - that you DO care?

Dam right sunshine. So what about the Random Museum of Unexpected Content?

It’s really difficult to name a museum I think.

You’re right.

Especially when it doesn’t exist.

Oh it exists- almost - It just hasn’t been curated.

Curated or created?

CURated.

How about the Un-curated Museum of unexpected Donation.

Too many ‘urn’s.

Get the Thesauraus.

“The fortuitous concourse of atoms”.

Nice, but a bit long.

Neglected.

Irregular.

Misplaced, I quite like that. The Misplaced Museum of Unexpected Donation.

Doesn’t that, semantically, suggest that it’s in the wrong place, or lost?

In a way that irregular doesn’t?

Yes.

The Irregular Museum of Unexpected Donation?

Is it permanent?

Yes and no.

Hmmmm….

I’ve got it!! The Occasional Museum of Unexpected Donations.  It’ll be here tomorrow.


Cool.

No comments: